Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Daily Schedules.

I used schedules with the kids that I worked with often. Well now its time, I want to use them with my two year old. Mike and I saw this idea on Dragons Den this week. I really like it, for the most part. But I am determined to come up with my own useable version...still trying to formulate how exactly I am going to come up with it, but the idea is coming.

http://shop.easydaysies.com/collections/frontpage/products/every-day-starter-kit

Oliver loves Dora, and Dora always has an adventure and there are 2 stops and then she arrives at the destination, and they repeat this process every episode. Mike started talking to Oliver the same way, for example. "Oliver we are going to the university, past the bridge, and to daycare!"  It helped him to focus on journey and that there are steps, we have now started doing the same thing at home.
"Oliver we are going to eat lunch, take a nap, and then play with trains."

Usually this helps him to get over the fact that he doesnt want to take a nap. So I am excited to take it to a visual level and set it up with him everyday so he knows what to expect. I am really hoping that it takes away the tears about bedtime, because he knows that it will be coming!

What do you do to organize your day?

1 comment:

  1. That is super cute and super smart!! Glad Dora could teach us something valuable.

    ReplyDelete